The PACnet Star Awards recognize standout achievements across all Paciolan client genres. The awards acknowledge organizations that exceeded expectations and achieved uncommon results in ticketing, marketing, or fundraising.
14TH ANNUAL Star Awards
The competition was strong! Find out who won at Tuesday morning's Keynote!
VOTING IS NOW CLOSED!
Newcomer of the Year
The Newcomer of the Year is a new Paciolan community member that has embraced Paciolan’s technology and services to achieve game-changing results in their first year on the platform. This organization has jumped in with two feet to leverage best practices and strategic partnership integrations to sell more tickets, raise more money and drive more engagement.
University of Minnesota
Minnesota Athletics had a record-breaking year by utilizing Paciolan tools and partnerships to increase digital ticketing, drive secondary sales and create unique ticketing opportunities.
- Over 74% of football single tickets were sold online with over 55% delivered digitally
- Had record breaking StubHub secondary sales collecting almost 9,000 new buyers and providing valuable insights for next year’s strategy
- Held a Flash Sale utilizing a pop-up window, selling over 7,000 tickets in a 24-hour period
- Utilized Paciolan tools including Automation, Salesforce Integration, Analytics Consulting, StubHub partnership
- Tracked over $5 million dollars in revenue through salesforce opportunities in first year
Bowling Green State University
Through innovative initiatives, Bowling Green State University was able to increase revenue by taking advantage of PAC features to encourage student attendance, sell additional kids club memberships and special offers through their FEVO partnership.
- Went live out of the gate with StubHub, SIDEARM Integration, Digital Marketing, Live Excel Reporting and My Account 2.0
- Updated their student ticketing process including launching a new point system with new My Account 2.0 features
- Innovative Student initiative yielded record breaking student attendance and Student Guest revenue
- Offered Kids Club membership online for the first time and doubled the membership
- Increased sales by 20% through by partnering with FEVO via the Paciolan integration
University of New Mexico
UNM hit the ground running implementing new processes, functionality and revenue driving opportunities to get the most out of their inaugural year with Paciolan.
- Started scanning for the first time in school history at football, women’s soccer, baseball, softball, and track and field focusing on NFC Contactless Tickets and mobile delivery options
- Created a new student ticketing process with 100% mobile delivery
- Implemented SIDEARM website integration generating over $50k in revenue from ticketing links
- Launched the “Send A Kid” Ticket Donation program capturing over $5.3k in new donations
- Utilized PAC Marketing Services to promote ticket sales for men’s basketball, generating a $46:1 return on ad spend for their Mini Plan campaign
Northern Quest Resort and Casino
Northern Quest Resort and Casino experienced a great inaugural success on the Paciolan system despite challenges transitioning and staff changes.
- Efficiently managed the transition to the PAC platform to host all of their events by spring 19 for both their indoor pavilion and outdoor amphitheater
- Worked with PAC Marketing Services to achieve a $22:$1 ROAS overall, for a total of over $450k in associated ticketing revenue in their initial season
- Doubled their outdoor summer concert series to host 20 events during the 2019 season, with plans to expand to 25 total outdoor concerts in 2020
- Generated $4,604,000 in revenue from June to September of 2019 during their first outdoor season selling over 75,024 tickets
- Sold over 6,200 tickets for their indoor series generating just under $340k in revenue
INNOVATION OF THE YEAR
The Innovation of the Year celebrates an idea, program or tactic that truly represents a “new way” of doing things while also creating value.
Washington State University – Pledge Per Win
WSU Football created a new initiative to celebrate home and away game wins and encourage donations to the program. Setting up a Pledge-Per-Win Program, fans could set a recurring donation amount that would automatically get charged when the team won.
- Automated emails through Adobe Campaign after each win thanking those who pledged for their donation
- Encouraged fans to double their pledge for the Apple Cup and bowl games generating 185 additional pledges
- Generated approximately $13.6k per win through 245 pledges
- Raised over $79k during the 2019 Season
Festival of the Arts – Multi-Use Tickets
The team at FOA worked with Paciolan’s Access Management team to design a unique barcode scanning system allowing fans to purchase reserved tickets to a specific Pageant of the Masters show with ‘free’ entry into the very popular Festival of the Arts all summer. This enhanced their patrons’ visits to the pageant shows, enriched the art exhibit experience and provided data for future revenue possibilities.
- One ticket access to the Pageant of the Masters show as well as reusable ‘free’ entry to the Festival of the Arts exhibit
- Reported on entry & exit usage allowing them to analyze attendance patterns
- Tracked the number of patrons that returned to the art exhibit over the summer, as well as the quantity of times for additional insights
- Analyzed their data to plan for hosting concerts and other live entertainment opportunities
University of Virginia - Full Football Stadium Tap-and-Go Entry
UVA was the first, and only, Paciolan client to roll out mobile Tap-and-Go ticket delivery for any football ticket purchased. Their entire stadium was retrofitted to create a smooth transition to the new functionality.
- Added 50 Alvarado pedestal scanners and renovated all ticket scanning hardware
- Offered self-service scanning at all entry gates for all types of tickets.
- 97% of all singles tickets purchased online for UVA football in 2019 were delivered electronically
- Used the same strategy for Men’s and Women’s basketball this year and planned implementation for Baseball in 2020
EVENT OF THE YEAR
The Event of the Year award highlights one show, concert, game or another live event that stood out from the crowd. We’re looking for live entertainment events that set a new standard of excellence or achieved ground-breaking success.
University of Arizona – WNIT Championship
Arizona hosted 6 consecutive home NIT basketball games over a two-and-a-half-week period including the NIT championship in a sold out McKale Center in their Historic NIT Tournament run.
- Sold out the McKale Center for the Championship game breaking Arizona women’s basketball and a women’s basketball PAC12 record with 14,644 fans in attendance
- Selling nearly 46,000 tickets and generating ticket revenue of over $333k over the course of the tournament
- 75% of all tickets were delivered electronically, and 63% of all tickets over the 6 events were purchased online
- Capitalized on the win selling 2,000 new season tickets, nearly 3x times their total from the 2018-19 season and renewing current season ticket holders at a 94% rate year over year
- Increased reserved seats to 2,394 and sold out as season tickets by August, including 76 courtside seats
Budweiser Gardens – Juno Music Awards
The entire team at Budweiser Gardens came together to put on the biggest music event in Canada- The 2019 JUNO Awards which were a huge success and showcased what the team at Budweiser Gardens can accomplish.
- Created the JUNO Side Stage - an outdoor stage in the parking lot outside Budweiser Gardens which hosted lead up and post-awards concerts for additional ticketing opportunities
- Provided ticketing for the JUNO Awards Show, Side Stage and for the JUNO Cup hockey game held at an alternate venue, including special souvenir tickets for the awards show
- Raised close to $125k for Musicounts through an initiative that donated $1 for every concert ticket sold between announcement and day of the JUNO Awards
- Sold over 9,000 tickets generating more than $850k in revenue
University of Georgia Football vs. Notre Dame
Georgia Football broke records while hosting Notre Dame at Bulldog Stadium for the first time.
- Generated the highest single game ticket revenue in the history of UGA
- Earned $6.3 million in ticket revenue overall
- Generated close to $200k in revenue through their StubHub partner
Fox Theatre Atlanta – Widespread Panic
Anticipating high demand going into the onsale, the Fox Theatre team utilized a waiting room to ensure fans had the best concert buying experience.
- Sold out three Widespread Panic shows with a total of 6,000 tickets being sold in less than 30 minutes
- Waiting room went live an hour before on-sale
- 17,500 devices were in the waiting room queue when tickets went onsale
- Over 27,000 devices remain in the queue should tickets become available
- More than 7,700 tickets were sold overall for generating $1.46 million in revenue
STAR OF THE YEAR
The prized Star of the Year award goes to an organization that has achieved outstanding results in the areas of ticketing, marketing and/or fundraising. Star of the Year winners consistently embrace and evangelize innovative strategies and new technologies while developing successful programs that drive revenue. They leverage the combined power of the various Paciolan platform tools to drive exceptional results and raise the bar for excellence in our community.
Kansas State University
Kansas State put a strong focus on donations this year and used all the tools in the PAC tool box to break revenue records.
- Combined the efforts of PAC Fund, Digital Marketing and Salesforce integrations allowed Kansas State to identify 10,176 high value web page visits resulting in 2,309 unique leads and $7,930 in grassroots support from retargeting emails
- Utilizing Dynamic pricing, sold over $500k in single game inventory breaking the school record for the highest revenue from a single football game
- Simplified the season ticket and Ahearn Fund membership process by implementing required seat donations for all new season ticket sales using PAC Fund
- Introduced new mobile ‘Powercat Pass’ which spanned across 4 ticketed Olympic sports selling over 570 passes for more than $61k in revenue
- Sold out 5 of 7 home games via pre-sold single game chairbacks resulting in over 800 chairback rentals
- Sold 650+ insurance policies through Protecht Integration
NC State University
NC State worked with Paciolan to optimize their data and create the highest revenue year in their history while also implementing Tap-and-Go entry for football and basketball.
- Early Tap-and-Go ticket delivery adoption implemented for student tickets during the football season and all tickets for men’s basketball games
- Customized data lead scoring system via salesforce automation and pac
- Introduced automated post-game surveys for football and men’s basketball, which feed results into customized Salesforce dashboards for service follow-ups
- Created fan attendance loyalty point system to help drive ticket utilization during the 2019 baseball season
- Best ever ticket revenue year in NC State Athletics History generating over $22.4 million
- Women’s basketball season tickets are at an all-time program high surpassing 1,800 season tickets, which is a 50% increase year over year
Iowa Events Center
Wells Fargo Arena at Iowa Events Center is a leader in the Paciolan arena market, always on the forefront helping to beta test new features and showcasing partnership opportunities.
- Platinum dashboard to show promoters all of their Platinum events in real time
- Live Excel dashboard that shows everything promoters need to see during an onsale
- Ticket Transfer dashboard that allows groups using Ticket Transfer as a delivery method to track their orders and know who has which seats
- Scan report that breaks out all current games by order line for tenant teams. This allows them to see which of their ticket holders are attending games and since the report includes the customer information, they can easily reach out to customers who haven’t been attending
- Beta tested Seat Level Pricing, Ticket Insurance, mPac, and Enhanced Google Analytics (through PAC Digital)
- Took advantage of partner opportunities that Paciolan provides with StubHub Integration, Ticket Guardian for ticket insurance, Pac Digital, Enhanced Google Analytics, Marketing Automation, GiveX, and Salesforce
- Worked with Marketing Services and Automation to increase their email database to over 500,000 fans
Purdue launched a new check-in model with delayed barcodes that are delivered 48 hours before the event. They also focused on finding benchmarks and setting appropriate goals to make decisions based on data, while using reporting to monitor success along the way.
- Retained 92%-plus renewal rate for football season tickets. Purdue has implemented a sophisticated lead scoring system to retain season ticket holders
- Using dynamic pricing, Purdue Men’s basketball has continued a multi-season sell out streak while also maximizing revenue
- Implemented Contactless Tap-and-go ticketing for students and eliminated print-at-home tickets
- Beta launched a Check-In model with delayed barcode delivery that holds bar codes until 48 hours before event time
- Grew football revenues by 89% from 2016 to 2018 and maintained that success into the 2019 season thanks to an analytical approach to retention and growth
- During the men’s basketball team’s run to the Elite 8 using Google Analytics data and Salesforce integrations, they were able to take advantage of the fact 88% of fans visiting the site were new users and bring them into the sales cycle